Wednesday 9 June 2010

The P(F)light of a Pegasus



My armour is as hard as my heart is soft
Many an arrow and lance can it bear.
Flapping my wings I try to soar aloft,
Such mighty plumage is highly rare.

It's made of hope and mad perseverance,
Its span is great and unimaginably vast.
It sustains the heart's patient penance.
Forever and ever does it last.

My wings are for flight,
My feathers for beauty.
They always shine bright.
For, protecting me is their duty.

My wings have taken me faraway
Bringing beautiful terrains to my view.
In one of them forever I wished to stay,
As the experience I gained was something new.

I can go there now only if I'm invited.
My past memories I'll cherish.
Of those I'll get reminded,
At times till I completely perish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice one.