Wednesday 30 June 2010

SOS





I chose that fate and
I had to face its aftermath.
There is no one to blame,
For it was a conscious decision of mine.

The move I made affected me greatly,
Its upshots were wild and hard to bear.
I went against my family to do this,
The family that knows nothing but care.

There I was completely drenched in sweat,
Finding it hard to breath.
My chest was pounding heavily,
Violently shaking were my fingers.

My eyes I had to squint and
I was slowly losing consciousness.
I tried much to keep
My self completely awake.

I went through this for an hour,
This ordeal that equals being inside a furnace.
I got back to normal and
Took a deep breath
Like a drowning man rising above the surface.

I had sent the last SMS of the day and
Taken the blanket off my head
Just a couple of minutes ago then.

3 comments:

Pratibha said...

Absolutely brilliant--really forgot to breathe till I read the whole poem.:)

Anonymous said...

Nice one once again :)

SURESH PADMARAJ said...

phew !!!!!.... shit man .. that was.. i mean .. y did u write this now ???