Sunday 26 July 2009

Existence




The cherry tree in full blossom,
Clings to Mother Earth's generous bosom.
Showering the land with its beautiful flowers.
It creates a spectacle of fallen stars.

Big yellow sunflowers dance in the field,
Reminding me of the paintbrushes angels wield.
A cornucopia of beauty wherever I see,
It tells me that nature holds the key.

The ever-abundant splendid stream,
Teaches me to have many a dream.
I take a dip in its pure water.
It is Mother Earth's loving daughter.

I become one with nature,
Suddenly remembering my mediocre stature.
As Dasan* says I'm just an ant,
That runs atop a guava plant.

I love this world,
To which I was hurled.
I cherish this life,
Despite all the strife.

I think not of sorrow,
I know it would vanish morrow.
I can soar high,
Without heaving a sigh.

I'll stay alive forever.
I'm Existence's lover.
-Mr.ClAiRvOyAnT



*Dasan: Refers to the Tamil poet Bharathidasan who said "We human beings living on this Earth are similar to the small ant that runs on top of a guava fruit. Hence, we need to be humble".

No comments: