Sunday 9 May 2010

Some Things Never Change


It felt too good when I reclaimed my childhood.
Excitement was rife when I heard the plan.
From all the rough times we had gone through,
From all those moments of tension,
We found great relief in that little outing.

Nothing had changed.
Everything was just as we had seen.
There were the fruit-sellers,
There were the flute-sellers.
There was the vast expanse of sand
Near the aquatic wonderland.
We sat chatting with each other
Savouring those precious moments.
We were all smiles.

This time I didn't want to buy a flute.
This time I didn't want to ride a horse.
I wanted the smiles to last long,
The smiles that resembled a joyful song.

Ten years ago, I held heaven in my hand
In the form of a He-man toy.
Now I held the same
In the bonding that gives joy.

No quarrels with my sister,
No tears for the things I couldn't buy.
But the smiles were real,
The smiles were pure.

It makes sense as I'm now a man.
I cherish these moments.
I'd like more of them.
Life goes on, things change fast.
But the sea exists forever
And so does the love we get in a family.

Some things never change.

2 comments:

Pratibha said...

Excellent! How true!

Vinay Kumaar said...

Thank you.. ^_^