Wednesday 5 May 2010

Dejection - II


The sun is on song on summer days,
Dry and sultry becomes the whole place.
At home some times it's like a furnace,
To get some relief I slept on the terrace.

I admired the horde of moving clouds
That enveloped the sky like fluffy shrouds.
I gazed at stars and loved the moon,
Little did I know that I'd have to leave soon.

I occasionally checked my mobile phone,
'Cause silent is my message tone.
I went to sleep and started to dream,
Dreams sweet like chocolate and whipped cream.

A droplet of water touched my lips,
A few also fell on my finger tips.
I opened my eyes to look at the sky.
Rain bearing clouds were sailing so high.

I got up and rolled my mattress
And headed towards my little fortress.
This week it happened at 1 A.M.
What a progress!
Last week it was 4 A.M.

No comments: