Sunday 24 October 2010

'Crushed' Casanova



The city bus is a wonderful thing,
Many a beautiful girl in it can you see.
Some college guys in it funny songs sing.
The crowd resembles fish in the sea.

In my second year of bachelor's degree did I see a girl.
She was so pretty and looked like an angel.
Her hair wasn't straight and had many a curl;
In her charming eyes and dimples I instantly fell.

She studied in a college exclusively for women.
Often did I see her when she got into my bus.
Then would I feel like floating in heaven.
But, it's a pity I couldn't show my prowess.

One day, I wore a blue-striped shirt.
Fortunately, I looked so smart that day.
With her magnetic sight did she slyly flirt.
I just couldn't keep my excitement at bay.

Days passed by, and she continued to do it
Even when she was with many of her friends.
A candle of joy in my heart she lit.
Oh! Those moments thinking about a girl a young man spends!

I wanted to talk to her,
The beauty whose name I didn't even know.
'Anjali.. Anjali', did my heart whisper.
That's the name I gave to that doe.

My friends were aware that
On her I had a crush.
Nothing else conspired but
The memories are still fresh.

After a few months, did I gather the courage
To talk to 'Anjali', the pretty college girl.
Knew not I of the damage
That would eventually unfurl.

I followed her one day
And said, "Excuse me".
She turned around and did spray
Some angry looks on me.

Now with her eyes she said,
"F*** off you moron!"
Fury in those eyes I read
And thus decided to move on.

Later did I find out
She was older than me.
My lips made an invisible pout;
That's how fate mocked at me.

I understood the origin
Of the mystery word 'crush'.
That's where angels fear to tread in,
While fools readily rush.

Thus was I 'crush'ed by a very cruel girl.
Thank god, it wasn't love that would twist and twirl*!


* - twists and twirls the lover's heart

2 comments:

Mia Love said...

you guys are ever so romantic... ever sooo...

Vinay Kumaar said...

Ha ha.. Thanks.. But you should read the poems I wrote in Feb and March of this year.. ;)

Those are evidences for that 'ever sooo...' part.. He he.. :)