Saturday 17 April 2010

To Sorrow With Love



The swaying tender green leaves
On a picturesque blue backdrop,
I beheld yesterday.
I derived joy from it.
The same I did today.
Not for pleasure, but to seek solace.

The white masses of cumulus clouds
Transported me to a faraway place
When I beheld them yesterday.
The same I did today
Not to get transported
But to see if I'll get a ticket.

I flew with the flock of birds,
I danced with the full bloomed roses
When I beheld them yesterday.
They invite me happily today.
But I can neither spread my wings
Nor shake a leg with them.

If things of the past are dead,
So is my happiness.
But I'll march ahead with hope now.
For, I can revive the lost glory only in the present.

2 comments:

kathryn said...

In love with this poem! You wrote it?

Vinay Kumaar said...

Yeah.. All the poems were written by me.. :)