Monday 5 April 2010

And That's How It Began....


No fear or apprehension occupied me
When I showed her what I wrote.
Only my poem she could see
In that little note.

The rhyme was bad; the lines were long
But still she said nothing.
I gave it a tune; I made it a song.
The same she asked me to sing.

I stood on-stage with my best friend.
We sang that childish rhyme.
Thus came into being a novel trend
That you enjoy many a time.

A furious stare or silent scorn
Would have instantly turned me off.
The poet in me would have never been born
Had there been a mocking laugh.

That's how I began my poetic quest,
With her motivation and support.
This passion made a girl realize her zest
For the words she can't write in a report.

3 comments:

Pratibha said...

well done! Bravo!! :)

Unknown said...

touchy :) nice post

Subha Vivek SV Handmades said...

I am happy that u r indebted to ur teachers. I am overjoyed that u came across a being who motivated u to be what u r tdy. good luck dear be humble as u r and sure u will climb the highest step on the ladder of life