Sunday 14 August 2011

One Man's Duet



Do you sense
the presence of my love
as often as
I sense
the absence of yours?

Do you think of me
as much as
I think of you?

Well, do you even think of me?

I'm sure you care for me.
Yes, you do care for me
like you care for a roadside puppy.
"Awww.. So cute!" - when you encounter it.
"Which puppy?" - when you are away.

And why on earth
am I running behind you,
wagging my tail?

Is it because
I'm capable of great love
or is it because
I want your love?

I don't mind running.
But I'm running on a one-way track
that has no destination.

I still want to hope,
I still want to love,
But I keep discovering
it's still a one man's duet.

I keep saying, "Good bye."
I keep asking myself, "What's the point?"
But then, do I really know
why I fell in love with you?

3 comments:

Green Notion!! said...

passion personified wish your love too get personified:):) its nice buddy:)

Saru Singhal said...

I love the phrase, one man's duet, lovely...Your poem reminds of one line from Darius song, "but it's enough that she likes me like her cup of coffee, one kiss baby she is on her way, that kind of love just makes your day"

Lovely poem

Vinay Kumaar said...

Thanks a lot, Saru! :)