Saturday 26 March 2011

Unspoken Thoughts


To even think of you,
the thought that our souls made an ethereal waltz
at a certain period of my life
gives me the highest pleasure.

Should I have coughed up my unspoken thoughts?
The thoughts knowing
how to come out of their shells,
preferred to stay
in the eerie darkness
of the corners of my heart.

To not see you sad,
to not make you hate me
held the highest priorities in my mind,
making me only come up
with ways to see you smiling.

I feel the kind of dissatisfaction
Direktor Schindler felt.
Having done the best he could do,
still thinking he hadn't done enough.

I don't regret moving on,
but the memories haunt me at times.
The memories that intertwined our hearts,
the memories that gave birth to the unspoken thoughts.

I'm privy to those unspoken thoughts
just like you are 'a miser of your memories of me.'
I'll cherish my thoughts;
sad they'd remain unspoken forever.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

a very lovely &descriptive yet implicit piece.done in a very fine manner & very relative...we all have those shaded or unspoken thoughts...the ones we feel others could never understand or relate to;the ones that splits our minds into two oppositions resulting to a maelstrom...